Andrew O’Dowd has spent many years dealing with Rating Assessments from both sides of the fence. He acted as Valuation Officer dealing with everyday properties and those more unusual types. Business Rates can be a considerable overhead and is certainly not something to be overlooked. Reducing your business rates is an effective way of saving money. Andrew O’Dowd can undertake a Rating Valuation to establish whether you’re paying too much and negotiate a reduction on your behalf with the Valuation Office Agency (VOA).
Your Rateable Value, which appears on your Rates Bill, is based on an opinion of the rental value of your property which is determined by the Valuation Officer.
Too many businesses simply accept this one opinion of rental value without questioning its accuracy.
Andrew O’Dowd’s vast experience in contesting rating assessments by presenting a solid case to the VOA with clear
justification and supporting evidence.
We can manage the appeal process and complete the negotiations in order to secure the most significant business rate reduction for you.
We can arrange the following for you:
- Site visit to measure and photograph appropriate detail during the survey
- Undertake the Rating Valuation using our extensive database of comparable evidence.
- Discuss our findings with you.
- Submit a Rating Appeal, if appropriate to do so.
- Negotiate the correct level of assessment with the VOA.
- Discuss the savings on your behalf with the Billing Authority.
- Manage the whole process from start to finish, thus
- Taking all the stress and worry from you